Drive Cleanup Wizard
(click for larger view)
||Drive Cleanup Wizard|
- Permanently delete left-over Windows Temporary Files
- Empty all files, in all User Profiles, with extensions .bak, .~, .tmp
- Easily specify custom, multiple file-types to search and destroy
- Empty Temporary Internet Files and the Recycle Bin
- Ability to choose between normal Windows File Deletion or use the Wipe Files feature which first fills each file with hex #00 and then deletes them!
- Helps Administrators delete junk from all User Profiles as opposed to the Windows Disk Cleanup utility that works only with the logged in user
- It’s absolutely safe, and tested. Shows you a list of files it’s going to delete before it actually does.
- Suppose you want to delete all files in a particular drive with extensions .pw, this wizard makes it easy
- Should work on Windows 98 and above. Tested only with Windows 2000 and above.
- Click here for the Drive Cleanup Wizard Installer. Comes with an uninstaller for easy removal.
- This software is presented under the GPL and comes with no support and no warranties whatsoever. Use at your own risk.
- Microsoft Office and Microsoft Money users: Please do not use the .BAK filter if you don’t have the Office/Money Installation CD around. Office stores a file called data.bak (for whatever reason) in it’s installation directory that is deleted by this filter. If deleted, you will be prompted to use the installation CD the next time you run the application. (Thanks Joe)
By Mikhail Esteves | June 1st, 2004 in