Image Resizer

(click for larger view)

Features:

• Resize (scale) by Width/Height or by Percentage.
  • Multiple image resizing.
  • Drag and Drop enabled.
  • Ability to Greyscale images on-the-fly.
  • Supports: PNG, GIF, JPG, TIF, WMF, BMP formats.
  • It’s freeware.

Requirements:

Download Options:

• Download the binary including a setup wrapper, which can be uninstalled through the Control Panel, by clicking here (294 KB)

Note: On Windows 2000, Internet Explorer is the default Image Viewer and it’s got problems. If you don’t see an image on Win2k, don’t worry, it’s an IE problem. Try with a proper Image Viewer.

Options

15 Comments

ChetanOctober 27th, 2004 at 7:18 am

Thanks for visiting, Mikhail. You have some good stuff here. Cheers.

MoNovember 1st, 2004 at 11:01 pm

Good job

Ian SingerNovember 12th, 2004 at 5:47 pm

Image resizer is really fast, BUT…… photoshop can not open images as says invalid marker.

MikhailNovember 15th, 2004 at 12:57 pm

Ian: My resized images open fine on Photoshop. I’ve tested with versions 6 and 7.

IlyaJanuary 17th, 2005 at 6:36 am

The program won’t open at all on my computer.

MikhailJanuary 17th, 2005 at 2:28 pm

Ilya: Do you have the .NET Framework 1.1 installed?

John C. ReidJanuary 26th, 2005 at 11:07 am

All images I downsize (ie from 100×100 to 64×64) that have are red where it should be transparent. These are all gif images that I am resizing for avatars. I also noted that drag and drop does not seem to work on my machine and that the files seem larger after making the dimentions smaller. Finally, is there any way to change the naming to that it is the same name as the original without (resized) in it? Thank you.

MikhailJanuary 26th, 2005 at 3:07 pm

John: I’m correcting these issues and will have the new version up soon.

ZoroasterMay 21st, 2005 at 12:38 am

I’ve tested many converters and this is one of the best, but I need to run it at the command line. Is there any possible way to run this through a batch file without opening the GUI? I’m willing to pay for that service, as we will use the program at work.

ZachAugust 5th, 2005 at 11:40 pm

I’m in the same boat with Ian, the images won’t open up in Photoshop for me. I’m running CS on this PC. The app runs great besides and if you can fix that would really like it. The other thing you might want to consider is a image renamer option to specify the names of the resized images, not just Imagename(resized).jpg. Look forward to the updated version.

QhuJanuary 24th, 2006 at 12:32 am

I have same problem as Ian & Zach had. the resized images won’t open up in Paint Shop Pro for me. The message shows:“This is not valid JPEG-JFIF file.” but windows “Paint” can open the resize file. Except this problem, Image Resize is a very good software. Compare with other resize softwares I used, Image Resize give me high quality on the resize image. And it is easy to use.

DaveAugust 18th, 2007 at 8:04 am

Well since I’ve dumped Photoshop I’m looking for all the free photo tools I can get. Thanks.

JohnDecember 17th, 2007 at 3:13 am

Great little app but there are two things lacking for me. Firstly, it seems to apply a red border that I don’t want and can’t seem to avoid and secondly, I would like to convert both size and format in one batch conversion (giant tiff to smaller jpg). Naming options would also be nice.

Joël LangloisMarch 9th, 2011 at 8:57 am

It’s a neat program! But I suggest doing a better memory management system for your software because it crashes when I try to resize only a dozen of my high-resolution photos at once…

I would like to also suggest being able to drag-and-drop images.

RandyMay 8th, 2011 at 2:09 pm

I would be able to use this program extensively starting right now if only the border fill color was black not red. I look forward to the update.